Planning for major events in life is the sensible thing to do and preplanning a funeral shouldn’t be any different.
This ensures that during the event of the inevitable, your family is protected from the extra financial burden and stress.
Investing in a prepaid funeral will entirely depend on the type of funeral service you choose. It’s advisable before you start arranging a prepaid funeral that you decide on which type of funeral you would prefer.
If you’re someone who wants to have a stress-free, simple, and affordable funeral, choosing a direct cremation would be the best option. But before selecting a prepaid cremation service, make sure you enlist the services of a proper funeral planner.
What entails a cremation plan with a prepayment option?
Most funeral homes may provide you with the option of prepaying for cremation, which means that you can arrange and pay for your cremation in advance. This option would allow you to pay for the services at the price set on the date of prepayment without being subjected to price changes in the future.
When choosing a funeral planning service to take care of all your prepaid cremation needs, make sure to find a provider that covers all costs so your family doesn’t have to pocket any extra money.
You should also inquire whether the funeral service provider requires the full payment to be made or whether monthly installments are an option. Prices may vary depending on the provider, so make sure to compare their rates before making a decision.
What are the benefits of prepaying for a cremation service?
While you’ll be saving your loved ones from the hassle and financial burden that’s typical of planning a funeral, here are some other key benefits of prepaying for a cremation:
- Protects you against inflation: Funeral costs are constantly rising due to inflation. Prepaying for a direct cremation service means that you’ll be exempted from paying any costs that have risen over time
- Grants you financial security: If you go ahead with a trusted funeral service provider, your funeral plan and money are guaranteed to be secure even if there are any issues with the provider
- Prioritizes your needs: You get to make important decisions and ensure that all your wishes are fulfilled, which can ease the burden of your loved ones
- Offers you the option of paying in installments: Some providers may allow you to pay for the plan either weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly; these installments can be settled over a fixed period
- Makes for a better option than insurance: Funeral insurance is a costly option and may even cost more than what’s required during the time of the funeral while adding more stress to your family’s plate
- Unburdens your family: Losing a loved one is an extremely emotional time for family; for this reason, choosing a plan that allows a cremation service to be prepaid can save your family from unnecessary stress and instead, allow them to grieve
Select a prepaid cremation plan that fits your needs
The funeral service provider that you choose is completely up to you. As long as you’re satisfied with the prepaid cremation plans they provide and if they meet your requirements, planning your funeral doesn’t have to be a negative overwhelming experience that your family is burdened with.
Make sure to do your research before settling on a funeral service provider, especially if you want to proceed with prepaying for a cremation service.